Home || Black and White Inspiration

January 28, 2015



Have you seen photos of our old house?  Well, it was filled with color to the top. I mean fuchsia curtains, light blue walls, green sofa.....and this was just the living room.  I really loved how all the colors worked together and we enjoyed living in this space every single minute.  But now, my home is definitely more muted.  There is color, but I'm finding tranquility in mostly grays, whites and blacks.  Black and white rooms are elegant, peaceful, simple and maybe even a bit sexy.  Here are some fabulous pieces in black and white (the headboard is to die for!) that are sure to inspire you. What do you think?


Additionally, decorating with black and white seems to me to be easier.  You can't really go wrong, whereas getting color combinations right is more an art than anything else.  

Are you friendly toward black and white?  Or do you prefer more color?








You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. While I love color (pink turquoise, etc.) black is my favorite. It is chic, sexy, and powerful. In my living room, we have a combination of black pieces of furniture mixed with wood and woven textures - I love it! To carry the color throughout the room, I also have my artwork framed in black frames. While the room is neutral in its palate, there are splashes of color - in the art (placed throughout the room) and items on the book-shelves. I find it both calming and energizing. (I love the finishes of the living room and first bath, that you selected!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always torn between muted and colorful. I love both so much but I think I realize, for me, I just appreciate a good black and white room for other people and like to live in color personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That entry is amazing. Really I love the whole home. I'm with you, I find it both exciting and relaxing all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chair shape is unbelievable, I love a classic pairing of black and white in fashion or the home, so chic:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, they are so sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with black and white. I especially love it in bathrooms. That headboard and chair are killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and the bathroom floor is gorgeous! Black & white is simple and chic, perfect as you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted an orange bedroom! Okay, not so much orange walls but lots of orange accents, think Matouk meets Designers Guild, simple and refined yet vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh like so many things! Especially the settee!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That headboard! I hear ya' but I think I'm a color girl through and through. And although I've seen these pictures of your old living room about 100 times, I love it more and more each time. I will never tire of it. I think the way you used black to balance all the color in there was brilliant. We can't wait to see your new navy living room! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want it all! I love a black and white space, and you're right, it's definitely more effortless to decorate with it than color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love black and white so much! It's so chic and glamorous

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe