On My Mind || Shiny and Bright

November 12, 2015



We always, always cook for Thanksgiving.  I really enjoy the full day in the kitchen surrounded by family.  But, this year, we are celebrating my mom's big birthday with a trip and so we will all be eating out, which I'm actually looking forward to as a change.  This is the reason I'm so focused on my Christmas meal (menu and tablescape) because I feel like it has to be doubly as special to make up for missing Thanksgiving.  I just spotted the cake I will be making for dessert (a ginger baked Alaska!!).  As I dream up my ideal table setting I spotted these fabulous decor pieces in whites, gold and silver. I am envisioning a beautiful and simple Holiday table (Gnome Included!).  How fun would it be to get a couple of those gnomes for the center of the table?  They would certainly add some humor.


Those gold splatter paint plates would be ideal mixed in with this other silver and gold dishes.  Add some shiny salt and pepper shakers ( which are your favorites- the round ones or the pyramid ones?). I would then add some pretty gold candle holders and all you need is that perfect meal for your friends and divine wine to let the conversation flow.  Oh and the sparkly earrings would help you complete the look.  And maybe on the buffet table you could have this ultra chic and feminine table lamp.  Dinner is served.

Are you like me and starting to think about your Holiday meals/decor/tablescape?  Or am I bit to OCD?

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe